Throwback Wednesday: Kelley O’Hara (2006 U-20 WWC) Edition:
Aug. 20, 10:15 p.m. (2:15 p.m. ET)
We just had an “incident” in the hallway. Kelley O’Hara was trying to show everyone how Casey Nogueira did pull-ups on the door and she pulled the entire molding off the top of the door frame. The piece of wood was almost as tall as her. She’s either really strong or it was only glued on lightly because she only weighs like a buck twenty. The training room was packed with people and almost everyone saw her crash to the floor with a big door molding in her arms. Only Kelley could have pulled this one off. She is going to get glue tomorrow and try to glue it back. No one will ever know, unless as she says, “the hotel staff reads the blog.” But we don’t think they can read English. Since Kelley has been a major contributor to the blog (mostly accidentally), she has promised to be a “guest blogger” at some point during the tournament when she is not fixing door frames.
Aug. 21, 12:15 p.m. (4:15 a.m. ET)
This just in: Kelley O’Hara fixed the door frame molding on the team floor that she pulled down the other day. That’s some pretty impressive follow-up by this Georgia peach. She asked team liaison Irena and her boyfriend to get some industrial strength carpenter glue (by the way, that is excellent liaison-ing) and just glued that big piece back above the door. She actually had to hold it in place for 30 minutes while standing on a chair. An odd site for someone walking down the hallway, for sure. It was still a little loose so the team doc helped her anchor it with some athletic tape. It’s as good as new, at least until someone else tries to do pull-ups on it. Props to Kelley for getting that done. We guess it’s that the “stick-to-it-iveness” (pun intended) that that got her into Stanford. (x)
For all you kids worried that the choices you make at 18 determine the rest of your life, please keep in mind that Retta (Donna from Parks and Rec) is a Duke-trained chemist who spent her 20s making HIV medication.
this is just a general notice that if you haven’t read the the msscribe story or the cassandra clare plagiarism debacle on bad_penny, you are really missing out on the depths of the TRULY ridiculous in fandom history.
The msscribe story has to be the most awesomely entertaining wank report in the history of fandom EVER. Like, I stopped reading wank reports after that because nothing will ever live up to that.
Goaltender Shannon Szabados has signed a contract with the Southern Professional Hockey League’s Columbus Cottonmouths for the rest of their season. She is the first female to play in the SPHL.
Source: x, x
what if harry had been sorted into slytherin though
- sarcastic bastard and no need to pretend otherwise
- learning the names of people outside your immediate circle of friends??? please
- usually overdramatic, sometimes morally grey
- sirius having to deal with the fact that his godson is a slytherin. a slytherin. james potter’s son is in slytherin. remus can you believe this
- bezzies-by-circumstance with draco malfoy with all the highlights including a) earth-shattering fights, b) someone brazen enough to curb draco’s nastiness, and c) someone unimpressed enough to tell harry to get a fucking grip and stop being so self-righteous all the time potter you frilly whingebag
- (and a friendship with harry/draco reluctantly getting roped into his cause could have changed a whole buncha shit for the malfoys and all that Malfoy Joins the Order With Snape fic of ‘03-‘05 could have come true)
- speaking of, a head of house/student relationship with snape might have saved his character from being entirely reprehensible
- challenging the wizarding public’s views of slytherin house by pitting their ridiculous prejudices against their blind all-consuming love for/faith in harry
- quirrell was a ravenclaw and wormtail was a gryffindor [insert harry’s sarcastic one-liner about all the witches and wizards who went bad being in slytherin here]
- jkr putting her money where her mouth is re: “we’ve all got both light and dark inside us, it’s our choices who make us who we truly are” by putting the boy who lived and eventual saviour of the wizarding world in the ~evil house~
- or even better she could have established slytherin as the ~evil house~ and then dismantled that completely by showing harry surrounded by loving, caring people forced to choose between standing beside their friend harry or supporting voldemort’s/their parents’ cause
- harry’s group of friends torn in two by their parents’ ideology and their loyalty to harry and what they’ve seen to be true while sharing a home with hundreds of halfbloods and muggleborns
- and then members of slytherin house fighting tooth and nail against the people who raised them because harry potter just has that effect on people
- all resulting in an eventual about-face in people’s attitudes towards slytherins
- and when harry has kids they’re proud at the thought of being sorted into slytherin house because their dad was a slytherin and he saved the fucking world
if I see one more “gypsy/indie” bullshit blog link, I’m going to scream
❤✧♱ ♰Follow for more soft bigotry♱ ♰✧❤
❂ ღ click for pale racists ღ ❂
Ally tip: learn to recognize the difference between a censored queer romance (i.e. Marceline and Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time) and queerbaiting (i.e. BBC Sherlock and Supernatural)
There’s this shitty thing that happens when you learn about the reality of racism, sexism and misogyny. You start to hear it from the mouths of your parents, grandparents, friends and siblings and you can’t ignore it anymore but you’ll see how many of them will ignore you when you speak out about it.
i went down to the middle school today for relay for life and i saw my old social studies teacher i had a crush on (don’t talk to me) and he was like “hey how are you i haven’t seen you in ages?” and the first thing i blurted out was “I JUST TURNED 18” and jesus christ if that’s not the thirstiest thing i’ve said in my whole life